List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo]  4.7 Feature Guide :-)
From:       Stuart Jarvis <stuart.jarvis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-01-18 10:59:25

Hey,

Yeah I know 4.7 is a bit offtopic right now, but if I don't do this now then
I'll forget - again.

I was having a discussion with Nikolaos Pantazis, first in comments on the Dot
and then by email about the feature guides and making our process work better.
He suggested setting up a page - now - where we can note down blog posts for
upcoming features as we see them, making it much easier to remember what is
new for the next release (by the time we're near 4.7 we may just need to check
what definitely made it in). It also makes it easier for people to write little
bits, because they can refer back to the list for things to write about.

So overall, it seems like a great idea :-) Here are the pages:
http://community.kde.org/Promo/Releases/Features
http://community.kde.org/Promo/Releases/Features/4.7

I'll give this a little push (via planetkde) after 4.6 is out and of course
again when we get into 4.7 alpha/beta times. This is just a heads up (since
there is something new in the wiki) and to make you aware for when I forget in
about 5 minutes or so...

Cheers,
Stu