List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: 4.6 Releases Need You!
From:       Stuart Jarvis <stuart.jarvis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-01-17 20:24:15

On Monday 17 January 2011 10:41:34 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On Sunday, January 16, 2011 13:42:25 Stuart Jarvis wrote:
> > I just spent a bit of time on the 4.6 release announcements...
> >
> > So questions:
> > - Sebas - can you deal with all the html formatting or should we do that
> > in  the shared doc?
>
> I can deal with that, having the texts good quality, it becomes manageable.

Cool :-) We'll try and make some good quality texts then...

> > - Sebas (again...) - the discussions at Akademy concluded that we should
> > not  have an SC announcement and only the 3 announcements: workspaces,
> > apps and platform. Is this practical from the www infrastructure pov
> > right now - can we have three announcements linked directly from the www
> > front page? Or do we need a little SC announcement somewhere that just
> > points to the others? (as per 4.5)
>
> It's something that's in our hands, one umbrella announcement makes it
> easier to do within our current process/setup, but we should be able to
> squeeze in three, too.
>
> We'll need a short SC blurb anyway, since we cannot send out three warnings
> to the press channel, and then again three announcements. People would
> (rightfully) hate us for spamming.

Ok, so we'll prep an SC announcement too. We can see if it looks ok to have
three announcements on the main www site, if not go with the short one.

> > - Anyone running 4.6 pre-releases - We need screenshots. If you don't
> > have somewhere else to store them, you can use the promo wiki for
> > upload. Or mail  them to me an I can host them. Please add links in the
> > announcement texts.
>
> For screenshots, please keep in mind the following:
>
> - use the standard wallpaper (Horos)
> - use Oxygen as widget set
> - use default colors
> - use a sans-serif font, preferable Liberation point size 9
>
> Collecting screenshots from different sources is very difficult, and we end
> up with a mess if we don't make them all as consistent as possible.

Ok, well I'm updating my home desktop some recent SC4.6 pre-release, so if my
system still works after that I should be able to make some screenshots

Thanks also Jos and Nuno for the screenshot pointers :-)

Cheers,
Stu