Hey, On Sunday, January 16, 2011 13:42:25 Stuart Jarvis wrote: > I just spent a bit of time on the 4.6 release announcements [1] based on > the guidance we discussed over the past few months [2]. This includes > changing the titles a bit. > > I've also moved some things like Oxygen revamps into the KDE Platform (as > they are part of the underlying KDE stuff that is available to the > workspaces, apps and anything built on the Platform). > > Looking at this and the time we have left (a little over a week) I think > we have to be realistic and accept that we are not going to make a good > set of release announcements and a good in-depth feature guide for the 4.6 > releases. Obviously this is not ideal, but we've lost some key people so > many of us are doing this for the first time and many of us have been very > busy with other things, so I don't think we should to beat ourselves up > about it. We can review things at the upcoing promo sprint to review and > make sure we kick-ass for 4.7 and beyond :-) > > Anyway, if you accept that, I think it makes more sense to concentrate on > the announcements. With that in mind, I have transferred material from > the feature guide [3] to the announcements. They still need work - there > must be a lot more cool stuff to talk about on the application front for > example. > > So questions: > - Sebas - can you deal with all the html formatting or should we do that > in the shared doc? I can deal with that, having the texts good quality, it becomes manageable. > - Sebas (again...) - the discussions at Akademy concluded that we should > not have an SC announcement and only the 3 announcements: workspaces, > apps and platform. Is this practical from the www infrastructure pov right > now - can we have three announcements linked directly from the www front > page? Or do we need a little SC announcement somewhere that just points to > the others? (as per 4.5) It's something that's in our hands, one umbrella announcement makes it easier to do within our current process/setup, but we should be able to squeeze in three, too. We'll need a short SC blurb anyway, since we cannot send out three warnings to the press channel, and then again three announcements. People would (rightfully) hate us for spamming. > - Anyone running 4.6 pre-releases - We need screenshots. If you don't have > somewhere else to store them, you can use the promo wiki for upload. Or > mail them to me an I can host them. Please add links in the announcement > texts. For screenshots, please keep in mind the following: - use the standard wallpaper (Horos) - use Oxygen as widget set - use default colors - use a sans-serif font, preferable Liberation point size 9 Collecting screenshots from different sources is very difficult, and we end up with a mess if we don't make them all as consistent as possible. > Main things to do: > - Add application stuff > - Get some cool screenshots Thanks for the stewardship, stu, -- sebas http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org | GPG Key ID: 9119 0EF9 _______________________________________________ This message is from the kde-promo mailing list. Visit https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-promo to unsubscribe, set digest on or temporarily stop your subscription.