List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: Not available for release notes editing
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-1?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2011-01-14 13:20:55

On Friday, January 14, 2011 11:10:21 Stuart Jarvis wrote:
> On Monday 03 January 2011 11:51:39 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > - I'm happy to do last-second editing of the text when it's on the web
> > - I'll coordinate with Dirk the exact point in time of the release
> > - I'll be there to push the final button and send out info to the press
> > - I'll not work on the release notes or feature guide itself
>
> Ok, I appreciate that you are still willing to handle the technical side
> (we're kinda screwed otherwise, which is something we should discuss at
> some  point)
>
> > This is mainly due to a lack of motivation and
> > time-better-spent-elsewhere gut feeling.
>
> Well, thanks for all your work on these things in the past. I can
> understand  those feelings, particularly with people like me complaining
> about past release announcements ;-) I never meant any of that to be a
> personal criticism and I'm sorry if - as it probably did - it ever seemed
> that way.

You are not the problem. I simply got sick by other's attitudes, accusing me
of willingly screwing off the announcement.

This january also happens to be very busy work/work wise, with the openSUSE
release pending, and a bunch of Plasma code under my maintainance that needs
to shine, so I simply don't have a lot of time at hand.

In any case, don't take it personally.

> So, moving on... I've been pretty rubbish on all things promo recently, but
> I  will spend some time this weekend working through the release
> announcements (thanks Markus and others for working on that already) and
> I'll try and hit the feature guide too.

That's nice, thanks!

--
sebas