--===============0164268147== Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=0015175cb2c202ee7e0499bb4567 --0015175cb2c202ee7e0499bb4567 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Stuart Jarvis wrote: > On Wednesday, January 12, 2011 12:25:16 pm Damnshock wrote: > > On Tuesday 11 January 2011 15:29:52 Carl Symons wrote: > > > Yes, it is obvious where you live...definitely Anchorage, Helsinki or > > > Moscow. > > : > > :O I'm not sure that is a joke or if I just didn't explain myself > correctly > > ::S (I live in Barcelona by the way). > > > > Anyhow... who is responsable of organizing this event? may I help in > > anyway? > > We are :-) By which I mean people who consider themselves part of promo and > might be interested in attending. > > Yes :) Also, I've sent an email to the e.V. asking if anyone has suggested topics for us to tackle since people on other teams might need help with things that we're not even aware of. I doubt we can do everything in a single sprint but I figured it'd be helpful for populating our "to do" list if nothing else. > So, this is how it works: > - We find out who we are and where we live (that's why it is really > important > that you fill in the wiki page) > - Based on that, we can make some judgements about the better places to try > and host it - are we mostly in Europe, US, elsewhere > - We then need to find a venue for the meeting, ideally free which needs > some > desks, chairs and internet access - this might be a university or > sympathetic > company that can lend us some space over a weekend. If you have any ideas > please note them in the wiki > - We then need to finalise the venue and date, who is available to come, > find > accommodation and apply to KDE e.V. for travel and accommodation funding > (probably some combination of Justin, Sandro, Pradeepto, me and someone > local > to the venue can do that) > - KDE e.V. will have to consider whether our meeting is a good use of > funds. > There is money there to be spent, but it is not unlimited and has to be > justified - hence we look for a venue that has lowest costs for travel etc > > In practice, we won't get everyone there because we won't have everyone > free > at the same time and maybe not enough money too. However, indicating when > you > are free and where you live is a good way to raise the chance that it is > held > at a convenient time and somewhere that it isn't too expensive to get you > to > > If you think you might know somewhere that could host the meeting, post it > in > the wiki page or, if it's confidential, let me and Justin know. > So we're definitely in the early planning stages still but I'm glad to see there is interest from several people already. Please continue to post ideas and to flesh out some of the existing ones. For example, we put the desktop summit stuff at the top but it'd be good to have some specific objectives. I will try and find some time to ping the DS mailing list(s) about ideas if I can find the time but if someone else has time and can get to that sooner please do. -Justin > > Cheers, > Stu > > _______________________________________________ > This message is from the kde-promo mailing list. > > Visit https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-promo to unsubscribe, set > digest on or temporarily stop your subscription. > --0015175cb2c202ee7e0499bb4567 Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Stuart= Jarvis <st= uart.jarvis@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wednesday, January 12, 2011 12:25:16 pm Damnshock wrot= e:
> On Tuesday 11 January 2011 15:29:52 Carl Symons wrote:
> > Yes, it is obvious where you live...definitely Anchorage, Helsink= i or
> > Moscow.
> :
> :O I'm not sure that is a joke or if I just didn't explain mys= elf correctly
> ::S (I live in Barcelona by the way).
>
> Anyhow... who is responsable of organizing this event? may I help in > anyway?

We are :-) By which I mean people who consider themselves part of pro= mo and
might be interested in attending.

Yes :) =A0Also, I've sent an email= to the e.V. asking if anyone has suggested topics for us to tackle since p= eople on other teams might need help with things that we're not even aw= are of. =A0I doubt we can do everything in a single sprint but I figured it= 'd be helpful for populating our "to do" list if nothing else= . =A0
=A0
[...]
justified - hence we look for a venue that has lowest costs for travel etc<= br>
In practice, we won't get everyone there because we won't have ever= yone free
at the same time and maybe not enough money too. However, indicating when y= ou
are free and where you live is a good way to raise the chance that it is he= ld
at a convenient time and somewhere that it isn't too expensive to get y= ou to

If you think you might know somewhere that could host the meeting, post it = in
the wiki page or, if it's confidential, let me and Justin know.

So we're definitely in the early planning = stages still but I'm glad to see there is interest from several people = already. =A0Please continue to post ideas and to flesh out some of the exis= ting ones. For example, we put the desktop summit stuff at the top but it&#= 39;d be good to have some specific objectives. =A0I will try and find some = time to ping the DS mailing list(s) about ideas if I can find the time but = if someone else has time and can get to that sooner please do.=A0

-Justin
=A0

Cheers,
Stu