List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: Get the promo booklet ready by January
From:       Damien Tardy-Panis <damientardypanis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-01-02 23:33:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

> I am a little afraid to work directly on the google-doc, I fear I
> might break something. Instead:

You shouldn't ! There is a history. Big Brother keeps everything in their
servers ;-)
You can also highlight what you edited with a special color (it's what I do)
so that everybody can check your changes. I don't know if the booklet will
be translated, but if it will, then we must keep everything in a single
place. I added your tip about K3B there.

(for the tray) The traditional system tray is now a multi-feature
> widget that can integrate other widget's functions like plasma's
> advanced notification system and a notifier for new devices plugged
> in.
>
> (for the clock) The technology behind plasma, allows any workspace
> component, like a simple clock, to connect to resources shared between
> applications like calender notes.
>
> (for the panel-settings icon) No more restrictions to the form and
> behavior of your panel! Plasma's advanced architecture, allows you to
> freely and heavily modify your panel.
> Tip-trick: If you got carried-away and made your panel unusable, just
> right-click at the desktop and choose: add panel, preset panel.
> (please check the commands I don't have them in English)

Hum.., I think that the Workspaces chapter is already long enough : it
should not be the longest imo. But I agree with you that we can put several
images of plasmoids. We will see that later after the second version of the
booklet ?
Personally, I prefer your idea of "Get Hot New Stuff" part that can also fit
in that chapter page 22 (there can be link with the text beside it). Would
you like to write that part to put in the sidebar ?

> I'd like to insist to the wide-screens, even though I don't have one.
> It would be good to imply: "Do you have a wide screen? Then KDE
> Workspaces are for you)

The message we wanted to deliver is that there is a special workspace for
you whatever the device you are using. I agree the one for wide screen is
the most successful but I'm not sure it's essential to insist a lot on that.

Damien