List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: When is the promo booklet ready?
From:       Javier Llorente <javier () opensuse ! org>
Date:       2010-12-16 20:46:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

More info :-)

El Miércoles, 15 de Diciembre de 2010 18:02:06 Felix Michel escribió:

> > > next week i have exams, so i am very busy, but during January i should
> > > be able to finish it (i got some other exams, but no more classes). I
> > > do my best to get it ready for FOSDEM and i am 90% sure that i am able
> > > to do so and that you have a nice printable version.

> > > i have no idea how that works. But if you can send me some technical
> > > stuff how to do it, i will manage it.
> >
> > Are you using XML for writing the book? If not, what are you using?
>
> at the moment i am using indesign. sure, xml would be a good choice for a
> next booklet or another version. do you a good xml editor for booklets?
>
> so i dont know if it is possible to get in .po if it is a indesign file.
>
> let me know.

Karl and Luiz (opensuse-doc team) have told me the following...

"To convert .xml to .po (what we do with the openSUSE Release Notes), we
use xml2po, which seems to be a stand-alone package; it was part of
gnome-doc-tooos, IIRC."

"There is 2 similar packages which can convert xml to po, the one
mentioned by Karl, and another called xml2pot which resides in
kde4-l10n-devel

There is also some converters for po format in package
translate-toolkit
(http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/index#converters) but
noone which can convert directly InDesign to .po

http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/index#converters "

I have also proposed them to collaborate with you ;-)

BTW, could you update the pdf in the wiki with the latest version?
http://community.kde.org/File:Kde_booklet.pdf

What parts of the Booklet aren't finished?

Greetings,
--
Javier Llorente