List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Re: Introducing myself
From:       Stuart Jarvis <stuart.jarvis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-10-26 11:07:03

Hello and welcome :-)

On Tuesday 26 October 2010 11:46:25 Cristina Yenyxe González García wrote:
> I'm a member of the Spanish translation team and told Lydia some time
> ago (when 4.5 was released) that I would be glad to manage the
> translations of new versions' announcements. I didn't join kde-promo
> until now because 4.6 wasn't in the horizon, but since the first beta
> will be released soon I'd like to have more feedback about its
> progress.

Good idea. Actually, we were having a discussion a while back about how best
to write the announcements and this will be the first beta announcement that we
try and apply those ideas to.

The 'plan' (possibly still subject to some changes) is at:
https://promo.notes.kde.org/34

Sebas (on this list) generally handles the announcements, so might have some
views on that.

> Is there any advice you could give to me, something special
> that has to be done?

If you have an opinion on the ideas at the link above, please say so - or just
edit the document directly. We also need to work out what feature(s) to
promote in the first beta - ideas welcome :-0

> If you need help in other tasks I'll try to contribute to them too :-)

Great :-) We're in the process of trying to make a list of contribution ideas
on our wiki community.kde.org/Promo (there are some things there now, but
quite out of date).

This list is the right place to be to hear about things that need doing or
suggest your own ideas.

One thing you might be particularly suited to is watching for Spanish language
news about KDE and doing some translations to English for Dot articles etc
(the Dot tends to be a bit English-speaking-world focused although there have
been some improvements in that recently).

Cheers,
Stu