List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Screenshots KDE booklet
From:       Stuart Jarvis <stuart.jarvis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-14 19:42:10

On Tuesday 14 September 2010 17:34:02 Carl Symons wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 5:43 AM, Felix Michel <felix_michel@gmx.ch> wrote:
> > - screenshots should not be a common place
>
> These graphics could still be screenshots, but artistically done. For
> example, a screenshot of Dolphin and an explanation of file management
> is dull. A screenshot of Dolphin overlaid with a magnified view of the
> Information for a particular file would be interesting (at least to
> some), and hints at some of the underlying KDE magic.

This is a very good idea. I was going to comment that it is difficult to make
screenshots of parts of an interface look good and have context, but if it can
be done this way then it solves those problems.

As Carl mentioned further down though, it needs someone with a few graphics
ninja skills to pull this off.

Stu