List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] booklet
From:       Stuart Jarvis <stuart.jarvis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-09-14 12:31:45

On Tuesday 14 September 2010 09:37:42 Felix Michel wrote:
> sorry,
> so i failed to upload it correctly.
> my fault. now it should be up.

Yeah, what were you thinking? :-p If any of us has never sent an email missing
an attachment, misquoted a web address or missed an upload then maybe one of
us can complain ;-)

> > On Tuesday 14 September 2010 00:08:24 Felix Michel wrote:
> > > i dont like how i put the screenshots and the screenshots arent
> > > readable at all.

These are not so bad. Something that you could try is rotating the screenshots
on a bit of an angle (I'm not sure if that would look good - so only maybe).

I also think you are right that something like the Kontact screenshot does not
work that well - people know what a mail reader looks like and there is too
much detail to see clearly. Perhaps you could try one of the other
applications such as blogilo (a bit more unusual) or maybe you could try the
Kontact summary page which is a bit simpler and prettier.

Perhaps others have some better ideas?

Otherwise, it's looking good. There are a couple of things:
- we should probably use the "" (or '') style of quotations as it is an
English text
- torrent probably does not need the quotation marks at all as it is quite a
well known term
- the one heading 'Let's take a look at some of them!' doesn't seem right to
me as I would like to be able to look at the headings and decide if I want to
read that section, but I don't know what 'them' are. Maybe 'Kontact Features'
or 'KDE's communication components'. But neither of those are very good. Does
someone have a better wording?

Thanks for pressing on with this. Doing the layout is not something that's
easily shared, but if there's stuff we can help with please let us know.

Cheers,
Stu