List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] events poke
Date:       2010-07-31 14:34:58

On Saturday 31 July 2010 16:15:17 Sandro Andrade wrote:
> We have currently
two different places holding the upcoming events:

http://community.kde.org/Promo/Events

http://events.kde.org/upcoming.php (no data here)

> Some particular
reason to keep both or should we change something ?
> events.kde.org may
work greatly as a easy-to-find web domain
> about KDE events, but shouldn't
we redirect the upcoming events link
> to promo page and think about its
contents ?

I do think that usage of two different places can be a good
thing.

While the community wiki should IMO be used as a means to coordinate
our work (i.e. the status of booth registrations, talks, etc.), the
events.kde.org could be dressed up as a public announcement area for our
event activities. Many users just want to get in touch with us KDE people
from time to time, and events.kde.org could be like an event guide for
them.

If maintenance of this website is too much, the same effect could be
achieved by announcing our booths and talks at local trade shows etc. in
advance on the dot.

Greetings
Stefan