List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] wallpaper names
From:       Dion Moult <dion () thinkmoult ! com>
Date:       2010-06-24 8:55:55

On Wednesday 23 June 2010 22:22:45 Davide Bettio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the right mailing list, anyway I need ideas for
> cool names for new wallpapers:
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdeartwork/wallpapers/Chess/ <-- Seems a
> good name http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdeartwork/wallpapers/Dragonfly/
> <-- Seems a good name
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdeartwork/wallpapers/Field/
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdeartwork/wallpapers/Osterkaktus/ <-- Need
> a new name
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdeartwork/wallpapers/Yellow_Flowers/ <--
> Probably need a new name
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdebase/workspace/wallpapers/Blue_Wood/
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdebase/workspace/wallpapers/Grass/
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdebase/workspace/wallpapers/Autumn/ <--
> Seems a good name
>
> Bye,
> Davide Bettio.

I've no idea if it's the right list either but most definitely those names
work. Boring, predictable, but they work for the image.

However, this doesn't mean that they are actually _appropriate_. Look at the
current selection, "Code Poets Dream", "Fields of Peace", "Curls on Green",
"Finally Summer in Germany" - they're a little bit more abstract and verbose
don't you think? Here's my attempt at making more "creative" names for them:

"Checkmate". (No, not really). or "Your move"
I agree with "Dragonfly". Really can't think of anything else atm.
"Plantation", "Cultivation"? The current seems too similar to "Fields of
Peace"
"Night Blossom" ... er?
"Honeycomb" is what shot through my head.
I like "Blue Wood".
"Dewdrop Grass" perhaps?
I'm fine with "Autumn".

By no means the perfect alternative name, but hopefully it helped somewhat ;)

--
Dion Moult