List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Akademy work TODO
From:       Troy Unrau <troy.unrau () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-06-20 7:45:56

I will certainly help with the writing. Please feel free to fill me
schedule - I'd be game for talk summaries or whatever needs to be done
as well, however I'd rather do much of my work from the hacking rooms
rather than hiding in the press room. It gives me better access to the
people I'd need to ask questions of.

(Yes I just ended that sentence with a preposition... bite me!)

Cheers

On 19 June 2010 06:01, Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> There is a bunch of things which need taking care of for Akademy. I hope someone \
> can take up some of these things.
> - the press kit. It's mostly done, just needs to be turned into pretty PDF's and \
> printed before Akademy. (IOW not lot of work, but I really need someone to take \
>                 care of it so I can take my mind of it)
> - there are a few interviews I've set questions out for, I'd love someone who could \
>                 do the finishing touch once they're answered (if ever...)
> - I'd like to have content like a livecd or something to download/put on cd's with \
> magazines etc, something concrete and 'exclusive for akademy'. Anyone has any ideas \
> he/she might be willing to put time into?
> Need ideas:
> - for press conference. I've asked 2 board members and both keynote speakers to be \
>                 there. Who else should/could be there? Ideas?
> - I would like to have a list of ppl for journalists to interview - IOW suggestions \
> for them. Any ideas on who?
> At Akademy itself:
> we need a team of ppl to do the promo stuff.
> A few have signed up already, but I think we need more... So?
>
> Tasks:
> need ppl 'guarding' the press room
> need ppl to do regular status updates (twitter)
> need someone to make pictures, post on flickr or something & for dot articles
> need ppl to write for interviews, dot articles etc
> pssibly ppl for doing interviews with video and/or audio!
>
> Signed up:
> Stu (sometime Fri - sometime Wed, hopefully) Can do interviews, writing stuff, \
> photos... Troy Unrau - will help with writing
> Jos Poortvliet - you know ;-)
>
> Love all,
> Jos

Troy Unrau, B.Sc.G.Sc.(Hons.)
Planetary sciences M.Sc. candidate - University of Western Ontario
http://cpsx.es.uwo.ca