List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Hello.
From:       Saleel Velankar <svelanka () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-05-22 5:11:03

<jospoortvliet@gmail.com>wrote:

> Same here, welcome aboard Saleel.  I spent a half hour or so looking
> through all your stuff on Deviant Art...you do very nice work!  Expect
> lots of abuse in the near future as we start bugging you to help with
> stuff.  :) Btw, are you aware of our call for logos for KDE apps? (
> http://dot.kde.org/2010/05/12/being-kde)

Thanks to all three of you for such a warm welcome :)
I had some ideas floating around for the logos for KDE apps, but I never had
time to polish it up. I have added my rough work to the wiki page :
http://community.kde.org/Promo/Branding/Software_Label#Entry_by_Saleel

> I like design you've got so far.  I can't tell for sure but based on the
> requirements (
> http://www.spreadshirt.net/help-C1328/categoryId/46/articleId/35) do you
> think this would meet the vector guidelines or would we need to post this
> in pixel format?
To be perfectly honest, I have never designed a tshirt, done a grunge heraldry
design, or know anything about the printing process. This is pretty much why I
wanted to do this, to learn something new. At a guess I think that I will be
forced into submitting the design as png (I think!) since the vector limits on
# colors is pretty damning. Or I might strip out the grungy bits and make a
clean line/block design. I guess I need to think about this more.

> Let me know and then provide me with the proper source file (either EPS/AI
> for vector or PNG for pixel) and I will post the design to the store.

Will do. :)

--Saleel