List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] booth at South Eastern Linux Fest
From:       Justin Kirby <justin () neomantra ! org>
Date:       2010-05-18 14:28:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 11:39 PM, Gary Greene <greeneg@tolharadys.net> wrote:

> On May 5, 2010, at 7:43 AM, Justin Kirby wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > SELF is a FOSS event in South Carolina (
> http://www.southeastlinuxfest.org/)
> > which Celeste and I are planning on attending this year.  It sounds from
> the
> > person Celeste spoke with that they'd be happy to have some KDE
> > representation at the event.  She'll be giving a talk and I just sent
> them
> > an inquiry about having a KDE booth.  That said, I've never taken care of
> > managing a booth for KDE before (though I've done booth work for other
> work
> > related things).  Can anyone give me some pointers as to what I should be
> > doing though just to make sure I don't miss any critical steps? :)  I
> assume
> > I need to work with Claudia about shipping booth box stuff and freebies
> > hand out to people.  Let me know what else I should be thinking about!
>  Oh,
> > I also need to try and find someone to help if anyone knows anybody in
> that
> > area who might be willing.
> >

> We've two demo machines that have been doing the west US conference circuit
> that Ian had donated a while back. I've been storing them here for the next
> event they need to go to in the US. Once Ian can get me the update
> instructions and disk image, I can ship them to you. Note, I've never had
> any monitors for these boxes.

Thanks Gary.  Here is the shipping information that the SELF organizers
provided me:

Attn:  Mark Felbinger
Hold For:  Southeast Linuxfest
Spartanburg Marriott at Renaissance Park
299 North Church Street
Spartanburg, SC 29306

Please contact me and let me know once they've been sent.  I emailed the
local LUG in hopes of borrowing some monitors.  The organizers indicated
there isn't any type of rental situation available.