List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] T-Shirt ideas
From:       Celeste Lyn Paul <celeste () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-05-10 16:23:35

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Cornelius Schumacher
<schumacher@kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday 10 May 2010 17:18:24 Justin Kirby wrote:
> >
> > It looks like we can add 5 new SVG designs per 10 items we sell from our
> > store.  In the EU store we've sold 7 products so after 3 more we'll get
> > space for 5 new designs.  The North America store has only sold 1.  The
> > premium account works like this (copied from the EU store site):
> >
> > Top Advantages of a Premium Account:
> >
> > - Offer up to 3 shops with their own t-shirt designer
> > - Send newsletters with new designs and products to your customers
> > - Make your shop available in 11 languages
> > - Your shop will have no advertising (no Spreadshirt banner)
> > - Upload up to 20 vector designs daily free of charge
> > - Place your logo on billing statements and shipping information
> > - Specify quantity restrictions for selected products (“Limited
> > Edition”)
> >
> > 60 euros for 6 months, or 100 euros for 12 months.
>
> I think less upload restrictions and no advertisements would be worth 100 EUR
> a year.

I think it would be better to release new designs over time as well
sell more tshirts than dumping a bunch of tshirts on the store right
away.

If we sell tshirts, then we get more design credits, so it's not like
we are strictly limited. It just helps us regulate our designs,
release them slowly over time, generate excitement about new tshirt
designs, and save us 100eur. If we were taking 1eur per tshirt as a
donation, then i could maybe see how we would want to provide more
options and could invest in the 100eur upgrade. But for now, I don't
think we need it.

> CC'ing the board for some additional feedback about this.
>
> --
> Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher@kde.org>

Celeste Lyn Paul
KDE Usability Project