List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Help for booth box needed
From:       Torsten Thelke <thelke () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-04-26 16:00:11

2010/4/25 Kenny Duffus <kenny@kde.org>:
> On Friday 23 Apr 2010 10:18:10 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> > maybe if it would be 3 cm shorter it would ship 20% cheaper so I think
> > we should base our decision on shipping costs: what would be most
> > economical, what is acceptable to ship around all the time?

We should try and keep the weight of the box (including content) below 31,5kg.
Shipment would be €14 within Germany and €40 within EU using DHL, which
is the least expensive company I could find. Above 31,5kg its getting really
expensive. Remember, the 70kg-box, we have right now costs around €90
within Germany.
So I'm trying to come up with a flight case that has a max weight of 14kg, so
17kg are left for the content.

> weight will always have to be a compromise on protecting the contents and how
> much replacing the contents cost. for instance if the breakable contents of a
> box cost €500 but by using a lighter box we save €100 shipping in each
> direction.... also to look at it the difference in cost of lighter cases with
> that in mind

But there is no use in saving shipping costs, if the technical equipment
arrives at a booth broken and cannot be repaired there.

Torsten

--
Torsten Thelke
KDE e.V.

KDE e.V. is a German Verein registered at the Amtsgericht Tübingen
(VR1301). Its president is Cornelius Schumacher. For more information
please see http://ev.kde.org, and http://kde.org/