List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] KDE e.V. indiviudal supporting membership campaign
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-04-06 22:23:31

KDE e.V. is planning to launch a campaign to gain 500 individual supporting
members within one year. Individual supporting members are people who like KDE
and want to give back by paying a small membership fee. The individual
supporting membership will strengthen our bonds with the wider
community and give us a sustainable financial base for the activities of KDE
e.V., such as supporting developer sprints, running Akademy, etc.

We plan to launch the campaign beginning of June at Linuxtag in Berlin. There
will be a small launch event, some announcements, and we'll have material at
the booth to promote the campaign and to get the first members.

Attached is a sneak peak of the kind of material we want to have. You'll get
more, when you get involved ;-)

To get all this done we need help. That's why I'm approaching you, the fine
promo team, as I know that you get things done :-)

We need help with the following tasks:

* Design of membership cards
* Design of MiniCards to promote the campaign
* Review poster designs
* Review membership information flyer
* Announcement of campaign on the dot and for the press
* Come up with an idea for a special gift for the first few members
* Organization of launch event at Linuxtag

Even help with parts of the tasks is very much appreciated. So if you are not
a designer, just giving feedback to existing designs would already help a lot.

We do have a detailed plan, most of the content is already there. We just have
to go the last step and execute these plans to make them exciting reality. It
is an essential move for KDE, and we can't afford to postpone this any longer.
So now is your chance to make a difference.

If you are willing to help, please contact me or Claudia or the board list and
we'll set you up with access to all the details of the plan and the material
which already exists.

This will be a fun effort and a significant step for securing the future of
KDE, so don't miss the opportunity to be part of it.

["get_your_part.png" (image/png)]