List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Press Releases "SimplyMEPIS 8.5 with 'KDE 4.3.4'
From:       Jimmy Johnson <JimmyJhn () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-04-01 23:16:05

Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> > Hi Jimmy,
> >
> > First of all, I'm terribly sorry for responding so late. This slipped my todo,
> > heavily...
> >
> > I know Simply Mepis 8.0 ships with KDE 3.5.10, it's a pretty decent product
> > (tried it myself) and it should be mentioned. I did not however find an easy
> > way to do that, so it ended up with a link to the announcement:
> > http://www.mepis.org/node/14213
> >
> > Hope that's OK.
> >
> > Mepis is now mentioned here:
> > kde.org -> download -> 3.5 -> 3.5.10 Info page
> >
> > http://www.kde.org/info/3.5.10.php
> >
> > If you have any suggestions, let me know. The 8.5 release will most likely
> > ship 4.4.1, if I understand the discussions well, looking forward to that and
> > feel free to ping me to put it on the KDE site!
> >
> > And please tell the Mepis ppl on the forums we love 'em and certainly didn't
> > want to remove that link!
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Jos
>

> Hello Jos, list members,
>
> SimplyMEPIS 8.5 with 'KDE 4.3.4' went final, we have the Press Releases
> http://www.mepis.org/node/14362 so, now MEPIS has two active releases
> using KDE 3.5.10 and KDE 4.3.4.
>
> I request a link to SimplyMEPIS 8.5 be added to the KDE 4 info page:
> http://www.kde.org/info/4.4.2.php
>
> Our next release will be SimplyMEPIS 10 and it will be based on Squeeze
> and will be using the latest stable KDE release, maybe KDE 4.4.4, I'll
> keep you updated.
>
> Thanks for your hard work,

Hey Guy's, can somebody reply to this, should I email someone else, post
to the webmaster. I do know some of the kde developers, should I contact
them?

I'm not the only one waiting for a reply.

Please & Thanks,
--
Jimmy Johnson

Some of you may have met me at the KDE-4 Release in Mountain View, CA.
  www.flickr.com/photos/23959276@N07/sets/72157604684800296/