List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] terms for non-core KDE apps
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-03-07 14:43:46

Thanks, Stuart, for taking this up :-).

On Sunday 07 March 2010 Stuart Jarvis wrote:

> There are a number of things to do/discuss before publication:
> - Is my stated choice of the two labels correct? (I think this was the
> outcome of a discussion, but can't find it)

"Part of the KDE family" was the third one. This is aimed at people who want
to express that they are part of the KDE community.

> - What are we looking for in terms of the artwork? The guidelines at the
> moment are very vague and quite possibly wrong as I just made them up ;-)

I think it's ok to have it vague for now. We need something for web sites and
for use in applications and possibly something for use in presentations or
print materials. So from small to big. What exact sizes are appropriate is
probably up to the artist.

> - The wiki page linked to from the article should have full guidance added

It should have the explanations which are also in the dot article (and the
third label of course), I think. I edited the Wiki page to reflect that.

Actually I think it would be good to use the text from the Wiki page in the
article to describe the labels. It's not as interesting where they came from
than what they stand for, so I would leave out most of the details of the poll
data, at least for the label descriptions.

> - Better title suggestions welcome

"Be part of KDE", "KDE Software Label" (what do you think in general about
calling the labels "KDE Software Label", 3rd party application label is
somewhat weak as we don't want to stress that people are a 3rd party but make
them part of KDE).