List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Branding cheat sheet
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-02-28 12:33:43

On Saturday 27 February 2010 02:13:35 Hans Chen wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback and useful links everyone! I'll see if I can find
> some time to start something this weekend.
>
> I started a wiki page for the content, so if any of you have some spare
> time, I would appreciate if you could help me fill it:
> http://community.kde.org/Scratchpad/branding-cheatsheet
> (For now I just copy-pasted some text from the Dot article and modified it
> a bit).

Hi Hans,

Well, the first part of the page is very good. I think it might turn into
something great ;-)

I'd say give it a page on http://community.kde.org/Promo/Branding, and call it
'newspeak' or something... After looking through the other pages for about 10
minutes I'm convinced your page is a good idea and won't duplicate
information. Actually I'm surprised we don't have something like this
already... The full rebranding proposal is a wee bit too large to read ;-)

On the other hand, there has been and always is so much to do, writing more
wiki pages actually isn't high on MY list of priorities - at some point, they
won't be read anymore.

So - be sure not to become too wordy. I have a very small screen on this
laptop, and I don't like scrolling ;-)

Take http://community.kde.org/Promo/Distribution_Communication as a good
example, listy* and short.

Thanks for doing this.

Cheers,
Jos

> With best regards,
> Hans

*for the non-native speakers, yes, I'm making up words now. Shoot me.