List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Help for booth box needed
From:       Joseph Anania <joseph.anania () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-02-21 4:38:29

On Friday 19 February 2010 05:09:54 Claudia Rauch wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Some time has passed since our promo sprint in November, and
> unfortunately not much has happened with regards to improving
the
> booth box situation.
> To recap: the existing booth box as such is nice, but it is really
> heavy and therefore pretty expensive to ship. At the sprint we
> discussed that it would be good to have several, smaller units that
> could easily be sent to shows within Europe and the US.
>
> What needs to be done now is the following:
> - research alternative cases for the booth box
> - research hardware for the booth box (laptop, monitor, mouse,
keyboard)
> - research stand-up/pop-up banner
>
> Additonally, or ideally, we'd also need to:
> - create artwork for banner and posters, give-away swag
> - update the brochure made by the KDE India guys
> - create a demo that can run at the booth
> - have shirts for the booth staff
> - ...
>
> I can help with some of the tasks (research cases and banners),
but I
> can't do the rest. So please let me know if you'd be able to help
> here.
>
> Thanks,
> Claudia
I am at SCaLE and what I found that would be cheap and nice would
be for there to be a bunch of stickers made, a powered by kde
computer badge sticker, a KDE logo sticker to be placed over the
windows logo on the win key, and other stickers.  Having tee shirts for
donations to KDE is also good.  I don't think we have a system in
place.  Does anyone have any Ideas?