List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Twitter?
From:       Stuart Jarvis <stuart.jarvis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-02-11 12:05:17

On Thursday 28 January 2010 15:52:18 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> On Thursday 21 January 2010 07:43:19 Ryan Rix wrote:
> > On Wed 20 January 2010 9:16:17 pm Justin Kirby wrote:
> > > At least it's not another task to add
> > > to the Promo team's plate...
> >
> > I'd say we probably still want a contact address for the owner of that
> > account in the future :) I can send a mail to the statusnet admins about
> > it, if no one else wants to.
>
> Did you manage to do this yet?

Reawakening this thread, now I've found out how this microblogging thing works
;-)

In addition to echoing Jos' question above, here's a recent mail from someone
on kde-windows:

> the reason why I was asking about twitter is
> because of the granularity and the frequency of that current news feed.
> Twitter is more useful for keeping people updated with the day to day or
> week to week going ons of the project, fills the gap between the big
> announcements and keeps people informed. Right now the RSS only has news in
> it from about 2 months ago and i'm sure that there has been some really
> interesting things happening since then that people would be interested in
> ;)

He was asking about whether there's a KDE Windows account on Twitter

> In fact how does KDE do with twitter generally? is there any precedent for
> this?

I pointed him to http://community.kde.org/Promo/Material/social_media but we
could still do with tracking down that kde account on identi.ca and pushing
the official channels on kde.org

In a perfect world, we could have dedicated accounts for some of the sub-teams
(if this particular guy is only interested in KDE on Windows then the kde
twitter account is mostly noise to him) but I accept the point Lydia made
earlier in this thread about there being no point in creating accounts unless
we/the relevant teams use them.

Stu