List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] social media todo list and important notes
From:       Justin Kirby <justin () neomantra ! org>
Date:       2010-02-08 22:04:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 3:13 PM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia@kde.org> wrote:

> 2010/2/8 Ingo Kl=F6cker <kloecker@kde.org>:
> > On Monday 08 February 2010, Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> >> What needs doing:
> >> - update to Xing group
> >
> > I'll take care of it.
> >
> > @Justin: Can you give me the text you'll be using for LinkedIn? Assumin=
> > you are a native speaker you'll probably come up with a better text tha=
> > me. :-)

Ingo, I figured I would just lean on what Jos and Sebas had already put
together for the formal release announcement. Probably just the first bit
they wrote with a link to the full thing. The way LinkedIn works you get to
post a discussion title and then a brief paragraph with more info so I will
do something like this:

<snip>
Title: KDE announces the immediate availability of the KDE Software
Compilation 4.4

Text:

The KDE Software Compilation 4.4, "Caikaku", has been released this morning
bringing an innovative collection of applications to Free Software users.
Major new technologies have been introduced including social networking and
online collaboration features, a new netbook-oriented interface and
infrastructural innovations such as the KAuth authentication framework.
According to KDE's bug-tracking system, 7,293 bugs have been fixed and 1,43=
3
new feature requests were implemented. The KDE community would like to than=
everybody who has helped to make this release possible. Please check out
http://www.kde.org for more information and then come back to LinkedIn and
share your first impressions with the group!
</snip>

It's mostly their text but I did change the first sentence a bit and add in
the last sentence.

 Thanks :)