List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE SC 4.4 Feature Guide Screencast Desktop Effects
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-02-08 10:23:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 08 February 2010 08:49:46 Ralph Müller-Welt wrote:
> [...]
> It consists mostly from what u may have seen already, plus music and a
>  voice comentary.
>
> The Script (Text in notes widget):
> Welcome to this demonstration of window & desktop management in the KDE
> Software Compilation version 4.4
>
> ---
>
> Window Management
>
> KDE's windowmanager offers more than just basics.
>
> Windows snap to screen borders.
>
> A middleclick on the maximize button vertically maximizes the window,
> while a right mouseclick horizontally maximizes.
>
> ---
>
> A new feature in KWin 4.4 is to drag a window to the side pinning it to the
> side or top to maximize it.
>
> ---
>
> Another feature new in KWin 4.4 is window grouping.
>
> Drag a window with middle mousebutton onto another windows titlebar.
>
> Now you have a group of windows you can control together.
>
> ---
>
> Choosing applications can be done in various ways.
>
> Move mouse in upper left corner to present all open windows scaled on the
> screen.
>
> Or with Alt+Tab one can select using the task switcher.
>
> ---
>
> If you have grouped Tasks in the Taskbar, Ctrl + left mousebutton presents
> only windows of this group.
>
> ---
>
> Of course all this can easily be configured to your specific needs!
>
> Example:
>  Configure Task-Switcher,
>  Configure Window Behavior
>
> ---
>
> Desktop Management
>
> The pager widget shows how many Virtual Desktops you have.
>
> You can switch Desktops by clicking on them, using the scrollwheel on the
> Desktop or the Desktop Grid (Ctrl+F8).
>
> ---
>
> Organize windows on these virtual desktops by drag & drop within the
>  Desktop Grid (Ctrl+F8).
>
> This way you can group your tasks, separating for example work and leisure.
>
> ---
>
> OK, now that we have spread our windows across different desktops, how to
>  find them again?
>
> Desktop Grid (Ctrl+F8) is one way.
>
> Present Windows (Ctrl+F10) another.
> (Hint: Type to filter windows)
>
> ---
>
> Of course all this can easily be configured to your specific needs!
>
> Examples:
>  Configure Desktop-Switcher,
>  Configure Desktop Effects
>
> ---
>
> Thank you
> for your interest in
> KDE SC 4.4
>
> :-)
>
> Bugs:
> 	There are 3 Parts that show artefacts i couldn't get rid of.
> 	Text in notes widget too smal.
> 	Voice was recorded too loud.
> 	Filesize is too big.
>
> I hope you like it anyways.
>
> I'll upload it to blip.tv as soon as possible.

Let me know when it is on blip.tv.

Unfortunately sebas also made a screencast of KWin effects as he didn't notice
you were working on this. I'll compare the two and will use yours if it's more
complete. Unfortunate situation imho...

Thanks for going through the trouble, let's hope we can coordinate a bit
better next time ;-)