List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] February Meeting Announcement - Jonathan Riddell
From:       James Cain <james.cain.25 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-02-02 0:19:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 7:18 PM, James Cain <james.cain.25@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 9:01 AM, Justin Kirby <justin@neomantra.org>wrote:

>> Chani, this is very nice, though I think it would be even cooler if we
>> could 1) update these types of items to use the newer K logo and 2)
>> centralize things through the SpreadShirt store instead of having disparate
>> stores all over the internet.  I just double checked and SpreadShirt does
>> offer the ability to put our designs on everything you've got up in your
>> cafepress store and then some.  Check out this link to see all the different
>> types of items we could use:
>> http://www.spreadshirt.com/us/US/T-Shirt/Apparel-2107/
>>
>> (for those too lazy to look I'll just mention that boxers, panties,
>> bathrobes, scarves, baby bibs, pins...all viable options in addition to a
>> huge array of different mens, womens, and unisex styled shirts)
>>

>>>  --

>>> I like it! The only thing missing is the clothing we've been discussing.
>>> Doesn't Cafe Press allow you to sell clothing as well? (Though I've heard
>>> the quality isn't the greatest, maybe they're better at it now...). Still,
>>> it would be pretty crazy to see KDE-branded panties...but I digress.
>>>
>>> I'm going to post a link to this on my blog as well. One thing...if it
>>> takes off, would be to maybe use some of the proceeds to pay for CD's /
>>> DVD's as well - Maybe via on-disk.com <http://on-disk.com/resale> or
>>> something similar. They only charge .10 cents a disc.
>>>

>> James, I've been trying to find folks to help with contributing designs
>> and design ideas to the "official" KDE SpreadShirt store we're trying to
>> setup.  If you do blog on the subject please help spread the word on that
>> :)  Here's a reminder of where we're storing our ideas and sketches so far:
>> http://community.kde.org/Promo/Material/Swag

Thanks for reminding me of the link. I'm getting back to blogging here and
over the next few days I hope to get caught up. I'll mention the design
ideas. I have Twittered about it a few times, but never got anything worth
noting back. Spreadshirt looks very good. Like I had mentioned earlier, Cafe
Press gets low marks for clothing quality, although that might have improved
since I looked into it.

James