List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo]
From:       Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-01-09 10:06:24

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 12:11 PM, Cornelius Schumacher
<schumacher@kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday 18 December 2009 Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> >
> > Other news related to that: they will only have one OpenExpo per year,
> > since Winterthur was not up to expectations (no wonder, the location
> > there is sub-optimal IMHO), but they will now organize an
> > OpenSource-Forum in Zürich in September with a much broader reach. I
> > think we should have a look at that and do something interesting with
> > KDE there. I can surely give a hand in that event, too. This could be
> > definitely interesting with more business oriented applications like
> > e.g. KDE-PIM and KOffice.
>
> I would be interested to go there. Do you have any specific activities in
> mind? In what way could we get involved there, presentation, specific
> meetings, booth?

Wow, that's great to hear, Cornelius. Having you there would be very
cool indeed. Last time we were lucky to have Adriaan de Groot there,
and that was nice too as he could answer many questions about KDE from
interested users.

I can guarantee you that this event is a good investment. It's very
well organized, the people are friendly, the catering is great (and
free), and it's fun and informative. OpenExpo is one of the best FOSS
events, in my opinion.

Anyway, looking forward to meeting you there :)

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer