List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Twitter?
From:       Igor Schwarzmann <schwarzmann () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-01-04 11:02:50

hey,

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 11:49, Claudia Rauch <rauch@kde.org> wrote:
> 2009/12/22 Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jzb@zonker.net>:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Does someone from KDE "own" the kde twitter account?
> >
> > I noticed today that I see notices from GNOME on Twitter, but nothing
> > equivalent for KDE.
> >
> > I know some folks from KDE are active on Twitter / Identi.ca and other
> > social media, but I think it'd be a Good Thing(TM) for KDE to also
> > have a presence on Twitter. If the KDE account *isn't* owned by
> > someone from the KDE project, I think the Twitter folks would be open
> > to re-assigning it. I think they have policies about people snagging
> > accounts that should belong to an organization, etc.
>
> As far as I know the @kde account is not owned by anyone from the KDE
> community. We do have the @kdecommunity account which we regularly use
> for announcements. But it would be great to also have the @kde account
> assigned to someone from our promo team.
>
> Are there any takers on the promo list for contacting Twitter directly
> to see if we can get the account?

Well, I don't have a direct contact and I've been told by
quite a few contacts that it's a complicated process. And
by complicated I mean that twitter isn't usually responsive.

One bit of information might be useful: as funny as it might
sound, twitter is supposedly responding good to faxes.

- Igor.

--
Igor Schwarzmann
Mobile: +49 (0)176 23809239