Ah...fair enough.  Sounds like I don't have all the background here.  Let me know if you want help with anything, otherwise I'll leave this to you :-)

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 9:43 PM, Troy Unrau <troy.unrau@gmail.com> wrote:
2009/12/27 Justin Kirby <justin@neomantra.org>:
> John,
>
> If someone on this team did contact him it *would* be as a representative of
> the KDE Promo team.  I don't see what would be inflammatory about trying to
> inform the press about our branding.  They're an important part of the
> puzzle when it comes to reaching the user community.  We've been actively
> working on this for distros and other communication channels as well.

What John is saying is from our experiences dealing with Thom. He'll
see our communications with him as an attempt to control what he says.
Better idea is to just use the regular website comments - I'm pretty
sure he reads them all. Not all news writers are as friendly as our
contacts at zd or ars. :)

--
Troy Unrau, B.Sc.G.Sc.(Hons.)
Planetary sciences M.Sc. candidate - University of Western Ontario