List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] showcase videos for edu
From:       Anne Wilson <annew () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-12-23 19:23:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 23 December 2009 14:33:14 Justin Kirby wrote:
> Anne,
>
> Thanks for this advice.  Hopefully I didn't rush through too fast, but it
>  is a narrated video so there's not any reading people have to do besides
>  the words you see in the application.  Though I guess this also introduces
>  potential issues in speaking too fast and making it hard for non-native
>  english speakers to understand you.
>
> Anyways, I went ahead and posted the video on my own YouTube site:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PDTnkLI0Ok
>
> Let me know if you'd like it uploaded anywhere else in particular.  I'll
> hold off on writing a Planet entry or anything until I hear that some of
>  you have seen it and confirmed that I don't say anything blatantly
>  inaccurate in it.  Though I spent a lot of time fighting with minor
>  editing things so I can't guarantee I'll have the motivation to go back
>  and fix stuff if it's only suggestions on minor things ;-)

I love it - and you are right - it's not too fast to follow, at least for a
native English speaker.  Albert didn't seem to have any problem either.

From my point of view there's just one problem.   As I'm sure you know, the
userbase pages for Edu are simply links from the Edu menu to the Edu project
pages.  That means that I can't add links to resources or any hints and tips.
At a pinch I could put something under the Tutorials pages, but it's more of a
demo than a tutorial.  Any ideas on that?

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group