On Wednesday 02 December 2009 20:38:17 Aaron J. Seigo wrote: > On December 1, 2009, Sebastian Kügler wrote: > > The trick is to get people to care about this at all, not coming up with > > a system that will be ignored in just the same way. > > getting people to care is all about perceived cost/benefit. if it is > difficult or takes a lot of time, the benefit has to be even higher. if > the cost part of the equation is low(er), then the benefit sell doesn't > have to be as strong either. > > i don't think we'll ever get the changelog process improved as long as it > is as difficult as editing an external file. it works for plasma only > because i turned my back on the wiki, more or less, (bad aaron!, bad!) and > i'm determined to have that list there to document our progress. the > "determined" bit is not going to be common, however. > > everyone commits, though ... :) > > when it's made as simple as possible, then people will start to "care" if > only because the cost is so low that any amount of benefit will make it > worthwhile. > Say you had a webform with radio buttons (todo|in progress|done) and text boxes to add new items and assignees? Each entry separate (but still on one page) so it would only matter if someone else was editing the same /item/ as you at the same time. Would that be simple enough? Yes, just another suggestion that is no help at the moment... But I think my php skills would be up to that. If it would be useful I *might* have some time over Christmas to put something together... Yes/No? Stu _______________________________________________ This message is from the kde-promo mailing list. Visit https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-promo to unsubscribe, set digest on or temporarily stop your subscription.