List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Update The Feature Plan! NOW!
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <kossebau () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-12-02 21:09:52

Mercredi, le 2 decembre 2009, ŕ 21:38, Aaron J. Seigo a écrit:
> On December 1, 2009, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > The trick is to get people to care about this at all, not coming up with
> > a system that will be ignored in just the same way.
>
> getting people to care is all about perceived cost/benefit. if it is
> difficult or takes a lot of time, the benefit has to be even higher. if
> the cost part of the equation is low(er), then the benefit sell doesn't
> have to be as strong either.

Still poses the question what the benefits are to add your feature to a list.

One is to have the right to add a feature after soft feature freeze, which is
at least for me the biggest reason.

The other is to have it used by the promo people. But how big are the chances
it gets used (=benefit), especially for smaller features of non-core programs?
And the link from the release announcement to the features list is not
motivating, as that list is long so that small feature will be overread
anyway.

Any other reason I can right now think of to add a feature to the list is done
in/by other channels/solutions (blog, dev mailinglist, chat, ...).

Cheers
Friedrich
--
Okteta - KDE Hex Editor - http://utils.kde.org/projects/okteta