On Thursday 26 November 2009 21:31:31 Patrick Spendrin wrote: > Laurent Espitallier schrieb: > >I have no idea of next KDE on Windows release dates. Is there a > > roadmap or a rule like : X days after a KDE release for Windows builds ? > > Maybe I don't have to wait ? :-D > > Well, normally packagers get the new source code one week ahead of the > release (at least for KDE). So after KDE 4.3.4 was tagged in svn (which > hasn't yet happened) and which you could check here: > http://websvn.kde.org/tags/KDE/ > So I normally start building packages then if I find enough time. > Building packages needs about a day, more problematic is that some > packages fail then and I might need to work on a patch then and rebuild > that program with the patch. This also makes clear why building the > packages might need a bit longer then. > So normally Windows packages can be ready up to 3-4 days before the > official release but if to much time is needed it can also be behind the > schedule. > If you could drop us an email at kde-promo@kde.org each time you know when your next release is coming out then we can do one of the following: - In the main SC release announcement/dot article either state that Windows builds are also released or are expected within [insert timeframe] - If there will be a longer delay (maybe for a major release?) we can perhaps put out a short dot article when the release is made - this one probably more for the major releases... Same would apply to Mac builds of course (in case anyone on this list is involved with those?) Cheers, Stu _______________________________________________ This message is from the kde-promo mailing list. Visit https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-promo to unsubscribe, set digest on or temporarily stop your subscription.