List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] About KDE dialog text
From:       Stuart Jarvis <stuart.jarvis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-11-11 10:05:15

On Wednesday 11 November 2009 03:20:00 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> hi all...
>
> someone mentioned that the text in the "About KDE" dialog was a little off
> given our new branding stance. so i took a quick stab at it. here's draft
> 0:
>
> 	http://plasma.kde.org/media/newabout.png
>
> please comment, suggest, etc and i'll make the changes in the code so that
> we have an About KDE in KDE SD 4.4 that reflects our branding positions.

I'd suggest the "Join the KDE team" tab should just be "Join KDE" since the
way we're looking to position things KDE *is* the team. (Also makes the usage
consistent with "Support KDE" in the next tab.)

Otherwise, looks good. Will we make the "About" text here consistent with the
"What is KDE" text on the website? There are minor differences and I don't
think it matters which changes (or both) but I think it's better if we just
have one text.

Stu