List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] kde-promo Digest, Vol 79, Issue 32
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-10-29 21:47:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On October 25, 2009, Carl Symons wrote:
>    * a beautiful desktop with gorgeous eyecandy

* has 10s of millions of users around the world

(this point is so critical; it demonstrates success and gives people something
to be a part of. we should be repeating it in every presentation we give to
potential users imho.)

(i really need to get back to doing some research to see when we can
legitimately start claiming 100 million users. 52 million kids in Brazil
leaves us another 48 million to find. ;) 300k in Gran Canaria schools; 1+
million retail units / year in Brazil and fwiu Argentina; >10% of desktop in
China which would be 4-5mm this year, though our market share in China has
been eroding from a high of ~17% iirc to ~12% the other year; 8-12% of
gov/business desktops in Germany a few years back... we could be getting quite
close to that magic 100mm mark.)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se