List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] finally... a press page!
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-10-29 21:29:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On October 22, 2009, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> So. It's been almost 2 years now, that I've been talking about making a
>  press page on kde.org - finally, I got to trow the stuff I wrote over the
>  course of the last year online ;-)

nice :)

some suggestions:

* "the KDE community in particular and on where" -> "the KDE community in
particular and where"

* a link to KDE e.V. and a brief description of what it is would be nice in
the "General information about Free Software and KDE" area

* a link to the latest feature guide would be great in the "Info on KDE" bit

* perhaps "If you need any more images or anything graphics related" -> "If
you are looking for a specific kind of KDE related image or graphic"?

* it might be worthwhile to make the "Information on KDE" section more
"visually skimmable" by adding a bold faced topic word/phrase in front of each
section, e.g.:

<b>Press Releases:</b> A list of official KDE announcements can be found on
the KDE announcement page.

<b>Logos:</b> If you are looking for a KDE logo or other clipart have a look
at the kde logo and image page. Trading and branding with the KDE Logo is
subject to our trademark licence. For more details on their usage please see
the KDE CIG Logo page.

<b>Screenshots:</b>Screenshots of KDE can be found on the KDE screenshot page.
If you need any more images or anything graphics related you can contact the
KDE artist team with information found on this page.

<b>Press & Promo Contact:</b> If you have any more questions, would like to do
an interview with someone from the KDE community, are interested in
conferences or meetings or anything else, contact the KDE promotion team by
sending an email to kde-promo AT kde DOT org.

* "If you have any more questions, would like to do an interview with someone
from the KDE community, are interested in conferences or meetings or anything
else," -> "Further questions, interview requests, conference and meeting
information or other general inquiries can directed to kde-promo@kde.org." i
wouldn't bother with the "kde-promo at kde dot org" thing. we have spam
filters for kde.org and they work pretty well IME and this should all be drop
dead easy and oriented towards pro-journalists?

* dejargon some of the entries, e.g.:  "Currently has approximately 1800 SVN
Accounts (...)"-> "Over 1800 Contributor Accounts (those contributing source
code, art, documentation, etc. on a regular basis have a contributor account;
the vast majority of translators and 3rd party developers do not)"

* some items in the bullet point list start with a capital letter some don't;
that should be standardized.

great strides, though.. so good to see something like this coming together! :)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se