List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] sprint/meeting
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-10-04 14:09:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 04 October 2009 11:14:29 Stuart Jarvis wrote:
> On Saturday 03 October 2009 12:35:53 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> > Hey Eckhart and other promo ppl,
> >
> > You probably noticed my invite for a marketing meeting, sorry about the
> > duplication with the (great) sprint plan, I hadn't catched up with email
> >  yet ;-)
> >
> > While the goals of the sprint and marketing meeting are pretty different,
> > there is quite some overlap in people who might attend. So we should
> >  probably try to combine them?!?
> >
> > I used doodle to find a good date, maybe we can all fill this for a
> >  combined meeting.
> >
> > http://doodle.com/w92mtg9z6zqngx7d
> >
> > Comments?
>
> I've ticked the November date on doodle. Is the plan still to do several
>  days - either 15-19 Oct or 12-16 November?

Yes, it will be a long sprint, starting on either the 12th or the 15th. I
think November would be best as October has started already :D

> I have some teaching to do on Thursday afternoons and Friday mornings, so I
> have to find cover for that if I miss it - there's a much better chance of
>  me managing to do that for November, particularly if we settle on a date
>  soon. However, if I don't get cover then I can turn up late (16 October
>  afternoon or 13 November afternoon) and still hopefully be around long
>  enough to be helpful.

It's not a horrible problem if ppl can't come on thursday already, it's just
that for those who can it would be good to get started. Lots of work to do.

> In terms of practicalities - I assume we all make our own travel
>  arrangements? Is there generally some group booking of accommodation etc?

To keep things simple I'd like to arrange group booking of accommodation.
Travel is (afaik) often done individually. For the sake of simplicity (again)
I'll try to get the accommodation paid by the e.V. and those traveling long
distances should ask e.V. for reimbursement as well. But hey, I haven't done
this organizing stuff, I'm sure Eckhart, who has more experience, has
suggestions.

@Eckhart: you're on kde-promo, right? If not, you should really subscribe...