List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Potential SciDAVis/LabPlot dot article
From:       Stuart Jarvis <stuart.jarvis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-09-02 15:55:48

Hi,

In the course of my day job I've recently discovered the Qt scientific graphing
application SciDAVis (http://scidavis.sourceforge.net/about/index.html a more
openly developed fork of http://soft.proindependent.com/qtiplot.html) and it's
really pretty good.

The thing that interests me from a KDE promo perspective is
http://scidavis.sourceforge.net/about/index.html which discusses in the last
paragraph collaboration with LabPlot, the idea being to have SciDAVis as a Qt4
front end and LabPlot as a KDE4 front end to increasingly common libraries.
There are KDE4 alphas of LabPlot and SciDAVis seems quite stable.

Would it be worth a dot article if I get in touch with the authors of the
respective projects and see if they'll answer a few questions?

Stu