List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] who wants to write a dot article about the phpBB
From:       Justin Kirby <justin () neomantra ! org>
Date:       2009-08-25 15:06:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi all,

I've reworked the intro a bit for clarity and have contacted Patrick.  He's
already responded indicating he'd be happy to answer questions so I have
forwarded him the ones I came up with.  Also, Jos, you mentioned I should
contact the KDE forum admins.  I see there is a place that lists their names
on the forums but I don't see any email address I could use for this.  Do
you know how best to reach them?  I was able to get some stats about the KDE
forums just by looking at the summary at the bottom of the home page so I
think really we just need to notify them we're putting this article together
so they can keep an eye out unless you have further suggestions.  Below is
the intro in case anyone has any feedback for improvement.

Over the last year the <a href="http://forum.kde.org/">KDE Community
Forums</a> have served as a premier platform for the KDE community to
communicate with each other. With over 13,000 registered users generating
more than 15,000 topics of discussion the site is growing by the minute. A
little over a month ago, the forums introduced a <a href="
http://dot.kde.org/2009/06/29/new-look-and-features-kde-community-forums">new
look</a> while moving over to the <a href="http://phpbb.com/">phpBB forum
software</a>.  These improvements have clearly caught the attention of many
people, as this month KDE's Community Forums were selected as the <a
 href="
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/forums/congratulations-to-kde-community-forums-and-erdrron-vt75619.html
">phpBBHacks.com Featured phpBB for the month of August 2009.</a> Read on
for an interview with Patrick O'Keefe, admin and webmaster at the <a href="
http://phpbbhacks.com">phpBB hacks forum</a>.

--
Best Regards,
Justin Kirby

Web: http://www.neomantra.org
Twitter: neomantra82    Identi.ca: neomantra