List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] who wants to write a dot article about the phpBB forum
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-08-16 11:17:24

Hi all,

As some of you might have read, the KDE forums are the featured phpBB
forum for the month of august.
( http://www.phpbbhacks.com/forums/congratulations-to-kde-community-forums-and-erdrron-vt75619.html
 )

We're looking for somebody who wants to do a short interview with
Patrick O'Keefe, forum admin there, or somebody else involved with
phpBB. It won't take much time as they'll do most of the answering -
thus the writing.

I've also taken the liberty to write a little introduction you can use
(see below). He/she who takes this on should contact the KDE forums
people as well, at least asking for the number of users and when this
forum started, maybe even a few words ("oh, we're so happy we are
featured forums, we'll be hugging bunnies all week" would do fine).

You can send Patrick an email at his first name @ifroggy.com asking
him for the interview. Below a start for an introduction to the dot,
feel free to use as much or as little of it as you want. Once it is
more or less done, send it here for review.

Over the last year the <a href="http://forum.kde.org/">official KDE
forums</a> have established themselves as a premier platform for the
KDE community to communicate with each other. With over XXX users and
an active community moderating and further developing the forum, it
continues to grow fast. A little over a month ago, the forums
introduced a <a
href="http://dot.kde.org/2009/06/29/new-look-and-features-kde-community-forums">new
look</a> while moving over to the <a href="http://phpbb.com/">phpBB
forum software</a>. The BLABLABLA prompted the phpBB community to vote
the KDE forums as <a
href="http://www.phpbbhacks.com/forums/congratulations-to-kde-community-forums-and-erdrron-vt75619.html">Featured
 phpBB forum for the month of August 2009</a>. Read on for an interview
with Patrick O'Keefe, phpBB admin and webmaster at the <a
href="http://phpbbhacks.com">phpBB hacks forum</a>.

Who's in?

Thanks in advance,

Jos Poortvliet