List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Growth Metrics for KDE win
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-08-11 21:00:08

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 10:52 PM, Jeff Mitchell<mitchell@kde.org> wrote:
> Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Monday 03 August 2009, Simon St James wrote:
> > > Incidentally, a very strong showing last month, with the # commits (code
> > > and otherwise) second only to September '08.  427 committers, but only 14
> > > newbies.
>
> Just thought I'd toss something in here...
>
> I got a call via the press contact info from said reporter last week. He
> wanted to make sure that this guy he talked to...some "Aaron
> Seigo"...wasn't just some random guy (I believe his words were "some
> random lunatic* that likes to blog about KDE") and that you could speak
> for the project.

It's good to know they check their sources.

> I of course told him that I didn't know this nutcase Seigo and that the
> story should be dropped immediately.  :-D

Yes, especially in this case *LOL*

> *"lunatic" here was not implying that you seemed like a lunatic to him
> on the phone, but rather that for all he knew you could be a random
> person whose pathos manifested itself in claiming to be able to speak
> for KDE but having no actual affiliation with the project.

So he didn't think Aaron was a lunatic? Aaron, what have you been
eating lately, sedatives? :D

Aaron "Lunatic" Seigo - has a nice ring to it... Now he's
president-off, it might fit? Or is it still too informal for an
ex-president? We could ask Clinton if he'd be happy with Bill "sigar"
Clinton - if that's OK with him, lunatic should be fine with Seigo.
Hmmm. Maybe Aaron "Random Guy" Seigo. Nah, doesn't sound as
interesting as lunatic...

(apologies for my mind, it tends to wander off after a few beers)