List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Developer stats quickies
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-12 18:42:29

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 8:32 PM, Troy Unrau<troy.unrau@gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem with writing such an involved article is that it's only
> fresh in peoples' minds for a short time - so even though it would be
> a great reference article for others to use, short frequent articles
> keeps the sense of activity fresh.  I like all of those suggested
> topics, but we should cover them one at a time, imho.
>
> Of course I could be totally off the mark with the logic here, so feel
> free to chime in.

No, you make an excellent point. This short kind of articles won't
make it to slashdot but a continuous bombardment of them will make our
community feel more confident and everyone reading the dot will slowly
but surely begin to realize that we're doing great ;-)

Maybe mention articles like
http://dot.kde.org/2008/08/28/akademy-redux-release-team-members-propose-new-development-process
 And the move to git?!?

something like:
The growth of the KDE community can be felt widely, and as such work
has been ongoing for a while to prepare our development process and
our community for this. Recently, some number-gathering has been
happening, and we would like to share the result with you.

or whatever.