List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] List of conferences in the usa (A. L. Spehr)
From:       Chani <chanika () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-03-21 17:35:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

> Confirmed presenters
> Jon "Maddog" Hall. Co-conspirator with Linus on the first port of
> Linux. From time to time, babysitter for the Torvald kids.
>
> Allison Randall. OSCON co-producer. All around tech superstar.
>
> Monty Widenius. Coming from Finland to attend LFNW. Talking about his
> MySQL branch and transaction engine.
>
> Zonker Brockmeier. Gave the KDE 4 introduction last year. His
> presentation was a hit.

so.. uhm.. do you guys need more presenters? or not? :)

> You probably don't need distro CDs. Ubuntu will be there; they
> graciously burn Kubuntu CDs on request. The Fest could probably give
> them blanks if that's a problem for them. Zonker will also be there. I
> don't know whether or not he will have OpenSUSE distros. The
> lab/tutorium will be running Ubuntu for Gnome and OpenSUSE for KDE 4.
> I'm pretty sure that we can find ways to provide CDs with KDE 4
> without you having to do this.

hmmm. do we not have any sort of "vanilla kde" cd?
also, it'd be good to know whether those cds will have 4.1 or 4.2 - pete
installed kde recently and it was 4.1, and it looks so old! ;P

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com