Wendy Van Craen wrote:
> It is great that you want to print the brochures for free and a laser
> printer is indeed the best quality on the market for home use.

No, "best quality for home use" are photo printers. Which are not lasers technology-wise,  but ink(jet) based ones. Or thermo(sublimation)-based...

Anyway, I have serious doubts that you would want to put any of these printers into your home (all of which are lasers):

Digimaster 150EX (digital b+w laser):
http://www.nexpress.com/download/pdf/digimaster/DM_family.pdf (Picture page 2)

Ineo+ 6501 (digital color laser):
http://www.develop.de/en/products/0/82__produkte-detail.htm

Nexpress 2100 (digital color laser):
http://www.graphics.kodak.com/CA/en/Product/Printers_Presses/Digital_Color/Kodak_Nexpress_2100/default.htm

> The printing techniques best for professional look and feel is digital or
> offset.

Neither "digital" nor "offset" are complete definitions. Because laser printing is digital as well. And "offset" may be "digital offset" or "litho offset" or "photo offset".

I guess you did you mean "digital offset"... (?)

> For a smaller faire laser printed brochures would be perfect, but
> for CeBit I think we might want to have something with a more professional
> look and feel...

Fine by me. Case closed.

> So what do you think if we look for a professional printing company to have
> some extra of these brochures?

OK. Go ahead.   :-)

Martin Konold wrote:
Kurt: Are these laser prints distinguishable from digital print?

Since I don't know what "digital print" was meant to mean in this case, I can't tell for sure. What I do know is that some "professional print shops" are fooling their non-expert customers about what technique exactly they sell them. (They make customers believe to get offset while indeed they give them laser). This fooling is helped along by two factors:
Experts will be able to tell differences and pinpoint the technique used if they use a "Fadenzähler" (english: linen tester).

Good or excellent laser prints are not "professionally perfect". Just like KDE4 isn't (yet)....  :-)

Cheers,
Kurt