List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Fwd: Call for Papers Closes Soon
From:       Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-02-13 10:22:07

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 10:28 PM,  <zahl@transbay.net> wrote:

> It would be easy for me to go, as I've got almost perfect attendence to this
> conference, :D  but I'm not entirely comfortable giving a random talk about
> 4.2 yet. I probably would be after SCALE. Deadline is before though. ;)
>
> Is there a standard talk we have for this? Or some slides people have that
> can be used? Or, most importantly, can someone write a really good abstract?

I have been working on a kind of standard KDE presentation, but I
can't promise to finish it any time soon - it's quite a piece of work.
But I can't go to SF either, at least I doubt it would be good value
to fly me in from Europe to give a talk ;-)

So how about I try to help you prepare the talk? Writing an abstract
won't be very hard (depends on the demands of course but a few
paragraphs is NP) and I could use some help on making sure my work on
a generic talk is actually useful...