List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Promoting KDE in Jamaica
From:       Sebastian =?iso-8859-15?q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-02-12 19:47:37

Hey Dmitri,

Sorry for the delay, I was traveling when you sent this email (with you
across Jamaica even ;-)).

On Friday 23 January 2009 17:55:35 Dmitri Dawkins wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> KDE use has been steadily picking up in Jamaica for a number of years now.
> At our local linux user group (JaLUG) many members use kde and more
> recently we have used kde for all of our demonstrations and free training.
> Are there some models that are used to help promote KDE in specific
> countries? Besides the screencasts and banners, how else can KDE be
> promoted?

A shortlist includes:

- presentations about KDE (LUG meetings, for example, but also conferences of
various kinds)
- articles for magazines (in certain cases, you can even earn some money as
an author, many magazines are interested in technical articles about KDE
- screenshots (d'oh! ;-))
- merchandising such as t-shirts and other swag
- gear-shaped patties ;)

> I am also an independent consultant at DM3 Technologies, and we would like
> to use KDE for business class desktops, what are the legalities of using
> the KDE logo on business cards etc, or pushing KDE as a product that we
> support? Thanks for all the help,

For using the KDE logo, you need permission from its trademark holder, the
KDE e.V.. Ask the board in specific cases, if it's in KDE's interest, you'll
get a positive answer.

If you've more questions, just ask.
--
sebas