List:       kde-promo
Subject:    [kde-promo] Twitter after KDE 4.2 release
From:       Igor Schwarzmann <schwarzmann () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-01-30 8:16:41

Hello everybody,

I've been monitoring the activities on Twitter after the
release and there is a lot happening there. I'm a bit
amazed how many tweets concerning KDE are being
written.

Two points, that might be worth a discussion:

- Some people complain about some problems. I'm
aware of the fact, that we can't provide support via
Twitter or enable Helpdesk Monitoring of some kind.
But from time to time, it's pretty ease to answer a
user and guide them to an IRC-Channel, where they
can really get some help.

I think, that could reflect very good on KDE's image
and communication skills.

- Some of the tweets are very positive and can be
used as a reference by users. We could create a
page of tweets, photos, blogposts, etc. as a reference
by users who are talking about KDE 4.2.

Br,
Igor

--