List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Scale 7x Todo list:
From:       Alexander Neundorf <neundorf () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-01-27 19:33:01

On Tuesday 27 January 2009, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> Hey I am posting this to the list because we can use any external resources
> we can get.  Here is our list of things that are needed for Scale 7x (and
> beyond)
>
> 	1) 5 port switch (ian)
> 	2) 4 6ft cat 5 cables
> 	3) 2 power strips (Dan Borne)
> 	4) 1 25ft orange extension cord.
> 	5) 2 Demo pcs (Ian is going to get these donated)
> 	6) 1 KDE banner ( Can we get one with the trademarked KDE logo and the "Be
> Free" tag line there. (Alex i will work with you on this)
> 7) 30 second "elevator talk" about KDE 4.2 (aaron seigo can we work together
> on this)
> 8) 500 copies of a black and white letter sized fact sheet on KDE 4.2 (Alex)

If you get this done, we would probably also like to habve this in Europe :-)

> 9) "Tip jar" with a sign stating donate what you think KDE is worth to you.
> (Dan Borne a fish bowl would work)
> 10) Business cards for eV members and  Wade since he is the NA contact.
(Alex)
> 11) 2 21" LCD monitors (can we press KDE friendly people at the show to
> donate these, i have one i can bring along)

End of 2006 we bought 2 19" LCD monitors in Germany with money from the eV,
they are not part of the boothbox AFAIK. Maybe this could be done in a
similar way for America ?
The same for the other minor hardware parts ?

> 12) 3 Signs promoting the KDE "What does KDE mean to you"
> theme. (Alex please work with wade on this) 13) 4 Large blue KDE TShirts
> (Alex you have these?)
> 		* as  a side note, if you want to be in the booth you MUST be wearing a
> blue KDE tshirt and black pants.  We are representing KDE here! 14) 500
> Kubuntu CDs (Dan Borne) - Other distros feel free to get in on this one
> too, we only require a CD that has or upgrades to KDE 4.2. 15) pens for
> booth personnel (its inevitable we forget these!)
> 	16) Blue table cloth in the color of any of the Oxygen blues
> 	17) Heavy duty safety pins
> 	18) 50" Nylon cord.
> 	19) A set of MP3s that we can play in Amarok that are not encumbered in
> any way.

In svn there is somewhere a directory "exampleuser" or something like this,
which was created to provide demo files for such events, i.e. pdfs, images,
maybe office documents, music, video.
I don't know what the current state is. I'm also not sure that svn is the best
place to put this stuff.

Alex