--===============1642826796== Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="Boundary-00=_fxkfJGDWO1Qm8Lo" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline --Boundary-00=_fxkfJGDWO1Qm8Lo Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit On Monday 26 January 2009 04:26:58 pm Aaron Johnson wrote: > Hallo Ian, > > Thanks for the offer to help. > As long as I am not stepping on anyones toes. > > As for posters, banners etc, I have all the KDE 3.x stuff at my place, > > but that is all 4-5 years old. I can update that but I will have to get > > source artwork, etc. > > This is probably the greatest need as we have no banners or flyers. > Alex and I are going to try to solve that. We are going to see about scoring some stickers, a sign/banner and some kubuntu cdroms. She also may have some tshirts so that we can all look like we are on the same team in the booth. > > As for hardware I am trying to see if I can get my company to donate one > > or two of these (http://www.devonit.com/products/products_TC5.php) bad > > boys. Unfortunately in this economy things are tight. These would also > > require keyboards, mice and LCDs. Maybe if we are nice we can get someone > > to donate two 21" LCDs that we can ship around to use at trade shows and > > demos. We have tested these running the 4.2 beta snapshots and they are > > tolerable. > > I thenk we are ok on the hardware side for now. However, that would be > a great idea for the future. Just wondering would KDE was installed as > the TC5s look like they have no hard drive. Brouking them diskless > would require a terminal server to go mid them. The device has a 1gig dom, but thats enough to store a demo KDE 4.2 on it. I also have a reimage stick for it so in case it gets screwed up we can restore it in about 10 minutes. I am just concerned with using laptops because they are picky and hard for users to operate sometimes. Also that knocks out our laptops for other things. -ian reinhart geiser --Boundary-00=_fxkfJGDWO1Qm8Lo Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Boundary-00=_fxkfJGDWO1Qm8Lo-- --===============1642826796== Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline _______________________________________________ This message is from the kde-promo mailing list. Visit https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-promo to unsubscribe, set digest on or temporarily stop your subscription. --===============1642826796==--