List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Is KDE 4.2 for you?
From:       Stephen Kelly <steveire () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-01-16 1:06:32

Well I finally got around to creating this page.

http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/Is_KDE_4.2_for_you%3F

Unfortunately I missed the 4.2RC1 announcement, but it's there for 4.2.0 and others.

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 January 2009, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>
> We should point to the GPU page on techbase (or is it on userbase now?)
> again and note that these fixes were done upstream and so nVidia driver
> updates are required for best results.

Someone with presumably more knowledge than me on this changed it to a link to nvidia \
on the 4.1 page. I used the same here.

http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Schedules
%2FIs_KDE_4.1_for_you%3F&diff=36064&oldid=35339

> > *  '''Systray rendering''' Some icons still do not render correctly on
> > some configurations. Updates to freedesktop.org systems, or porting those
> > icons to plasmoids will see this situation improve.
>
> there's also a new  window manager hint coming in updated versions of Qt
> and Gtk that will help immensely. we already support that hint
> pre-emptively in the system tray, it's just a matter of the new toolkit
> releases filtering out.

I added a note about that, but that's probably the kind of thing users will only \
benefit from when distributors put out a new release right (around summer time)?

> i think it's useful, yes. perhaps we can make a page like this for every
> release as a guid to those 'considering the switch', only in future the
> audience won't be kde3 users =)

Grand so. Sounds good.

Steve.